SAQA UNIT STANDARD ALIGNMENT
Title: Explain and perform fall arrest techniques when working at height
Unit Standard: 229998
NQF Level: 1
- Objectives & Definitions
- Legal Requirements when working at Heights
- Construction Regulations – Fall Protection
- General Working at Heights Principles
- Before Working at Heights
- Fall Arrest Systems
- Full body harness and work positioning systems
- Ranges of personal fall arrest equipment
- Who Qualifies to Work at Heights
- Working at Height Structures
- Use of certificated and identified fall arrest equipment and reasons
- Use of helmet with a chinstrap and reasons
- Use and limitations of a limited range of fall arrest equipment and fall arrest plan
- Anchor points and purpose of an anchor points
- Inspecting, assembling and storing fall arrest equipment.
- Selecting suitable anchor points.
- Using fall arrest systems with a double lanyard.
- Using pre-installed vertical and horizontal life-lines.
- Risks of using a non-energy absorbing lanyard and examples
- Group Activity & Practical Assessment
- Course Evaluation
- Delegates must be able to communicate – NQF level 3.
- Delegates must be able to read and interpret drawings – NQF level 3.
- Delegates must be competent in basic mathematics – NQF Level 3.
Delegates will be issued with a certificate of completion upon successful completion of this course and a statement of result once issued by relevant SETA.
South Africa, Nigeria, Tanzania, Botswana, Lagos, Rwanda & Namibia
Booking and Registration
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a registration form and booking details or book now.
Do you wish to book up to or more than 4 delegates, consider an in-company course (Lopterra will deliver this course at your premises at an affordable rate). Please call us on +27 11 083 6811, +27 (0) 72 390 4560, +234 806 659 7728
See other courses below