OHS Awareness Training SAQA Unit Standard Alignment
Title: Apply Health and Safety to Work Area
Unit Standard: 9964
NQF Level: 2
- Basic QHSE Legal Framework
- Application of relevant legislation to ensure compliance
- Reasons for practicing safety
- Major HSE Terminologies
- Identify potential hazards and risks in the work area
- Application of appropriate reporting mechanisms for unsafe working practices and actions
- Implementing and complying with relevant procedures
- Limit damage to persons or properties in case of an emergency
- Safe Work Procedures
- Drawing up health and safety plan
- Procedures for reporting and recording
- Risk Assessments
- Implementing selected mechanisms for the minimizing risks.
- The use of correct protective clothing and equipment
- Basic HSE Rules
- Occupational Health and Safety Act – Duty to Act
- Follow procedures that applies to illness or injury in the work area.
- Identify and implement contingency plans according to the type and scale of emergency
- Select and demonstrate good housekeeping practices
- Incident report writing
Delegates will be issued with a certificate of completion upon successful completion of this course.
South Africa, Nigeria, Kenya, Tanzania, Botswana, & Namibia
Booking and Registration
Please email email@example.com for a registration form and booking details or book now.
Do you wish to book up to or more than 4 delegates, consider an in-company course (Lopterra will deliver this course at your premises at an affordable rate). Please call us on +27 11 083 6811, +27 (0) 72 390 4560, +234 (0) 806 659 7728, +234 (0) 816 086 9389
See other courses below